Shes on the verge of stalling..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive experienced this problem last year, in traffic conditions, its happening again in traffic/ on red light (sometimes) just rolling not applying gas, or when stopped and holding the brake, the rpms drop extremely low (200- 100 rpm), the engine begins to rumble and shake. The cure to this is to apply gas, I also noticed that this does not happen in neutral or in park ( most likely due to the lower load on the engine) no Idea as to what this is, I looked at the engine belt and it looks fine, but then again I dunno.

Im thinking that the fuel injectors are dirty?
Bringing her in tommorow for the fuel tank recall, after they install a new tank I will get some injector cleaner.

Any ideas as to what this may be?

D

disco1

From the symptoms you describe I would check the PCV valve as it could be getting blocked. Also you could give the throttle body a clean with a suitable carb cleaner. Lets know how you make out.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey disco, could you possibly take pics to show me where the valve is? How do I go about removing it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could also be the stepper motor is dirty....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
check a few posts down from this one.... titled something like stepper location or something.... got some great pics from roverchic.... shows right where it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4