Should I Go For It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2011 HSE for around 10 months with 10K. Other than the occasional false tire pressure alert there have been no issues.

I have to agree with most that it would be a bad idea to purchase a vehicle while you live so far from the nearest dealership. BUT, now that I own one, I wouldn't care. I'd rather be inconvenienced every now and then than to not drive it. I realize there is no logic in my opinion other than a love of what I'm driving. It's a seriously nice truck and I do use it for what it's made for.

Another option would be to move closer to the dealership :) Just kidding..

Marty

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I am lucky since I live within 2 miles of a dealership and 20-30 miles of 3 dealerships. There are a lot of Land Rovers in the SF Bay area - despite the "hippy" mentality. LOL!

scottdx

Reaction score
what else are you looking at?

I have a Lexus dealership 110 miles away that I am considering, probably to look at the GX 460. Basically any dealer is 100+ miles away. There is one Ford/L/Merc/ dealer about 70 miles from me and a GM dealer 30 miles away, which I really do not want a GM vehicle for several reasons.

Any dealer direct service for my vehicle, whichever make I choose is essentially a weekend trip for me and/or my family. If I went with the LR I would have to make it an overnight trip vs. a day trip for the Lexus or other make.

I appreciate everyone's opinion on this. It is really helping me weigh my decision.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Lexus dealership 110 miles away that I am considering, probably to look at the GX 460. Basically any dealer is 100+ miles away. There is one Ford/L/Merc/ dealer about 70 miles from me and a GM dealer 30 miles away, which I really do not want a GM vehicle for several reasons.

Any dealer direct service for my vehicle, whichever make I choose is essentially a weekend trip for me and/or my family. If I went with the LR I would have to make it an overnight trip vs. a day trip for the Lexus or other make.

I appreciate everyone's opinion on this. It is really helping me weigh my decision.

To each their own but, if I were you, I would be the proud new owner of a Yukon/Tahoe. Regardless of make/model/perceived reliability, the thought of having to drive, at a minimum, 150 miles round trip for any kind of service would be too much to handle, but again thats just my opinion.

All that being said, I've had my LR4 for about 3 months now and am totally happy.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score

You're not that guy from Nepal who popped up on this board several months ago asking basically the same question, are you?

scottdx

Reaction score
Nope, I live in north-central rural Texas. I did ask this several years ago, and went with an Infinity QX 56 for my wife.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112