Show off your LR4 Part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the other "Show Off" thread is closed, I started a new one! Here is my LR4 in action! :proud:

Attachments

• P1000656_800x533.jpg
    P1000656_800x533.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 384

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The LR4 looks great. Where is that picture taken? My brother and I are going out to Colorado this fall to do some wheeling with three of our cousins. I've been looking at all sorts of trails near and west of Denver. There are a lot of one I have been dreaming of being on above the timber line.

Thanks for sharing,

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey waltzonice,

Awesome picture, thanks for sharing! :) Where is that located? Looks like the perfect off-road location. I am glad you started a new thread, as I would love to see more LR4 pictures in action and just hanging out in the driveway.

-David

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 looks great. Where is that picture taken? My brother and I are going out to Colorado this fall to do some wheeling with three of our cousins. I've been looking at all sorts of trails near and west of Denver. There are a lot of one I have been dreaming of being on above the timber line.
This picture was taken at the Pennsylvania tram house up above the Peru Creek Trail.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=163
The trail is actually really easy, but we went off the main trail to drive up to the Pennsylvania mine and tram house, which made it slightly more difficult. Still real easy for the Rover, though.

In addition to the Trail Damage site, I highly recommend the book Backcountry Adventures Colorado by Peter Massey. I love that it provides some history and facts about each trail, in addition to the trail description and mileage information. Great photos too. Here is the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Colorado-Peter-Massey/dp/1930193068

Another great book is the Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails by Charles A. Wells. This book is a much more compact spiral bound book, so more travel friendly than the massive Peter Massey book. But there's not nearly the amount of history and information for each trail, and also less comprehensive than the Massey book.
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Colorado-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/1934838047

So far, we've only done a few of the easier trails, but I'm hoping to tackle some harder ones as we gain confidence. The one trail I really want to do is Imogene Pass, between Ouray and Telluride in SW Colorado. I was actually near there over the Memorial Day weekend, but there was too much snow to go over the pass. I'll probably try and do it next summer.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional links. I have been reading traildamage.com for months looking at the trails and ratings. It's hard for me to adapt to a 1-10 scale. I spent some time growing up in Moab; the scale there is 1-4.

I will certainly spend some time reading the books once I acquire them.

Rob

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the other "Show Off" thread is closed, I started a new one! Here is my LR4 in action! :proud:

Very cool pic...sort of looks like your LR4 just demolished that building and now you're taking a picture in triumph :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM