shutting down unexpectedly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1SS

Reaction score
my brother has an '01 discovery 2 . the way that he described it is that he can be driving along and it bogs down then shuts off. he then has to wait a while before he can start it back up. (almost as if it was flooded.) he said that its not throwing any codes and that he changed a couple o2 sensors a couple of months ago. he used bosch o2's. any suggestions on where to start?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum. Sounds to me like either a possible fuel issue (you haven't provided any maintenance history, so I have to ASS U ME that it has all the current stuff done)

If not a fuel issue, then I would say a Crank Position Sensor, otherwise know as the CPK Sensor.

LT1SS

Reaction score
cool thanks just got off the phone with my brother and he said that it finally threw a cpk code.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also agree with the crank sensor as being at issue, when they start to fail the engine will stall or not start then must sit awhile before it might start again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo