smashed mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
Wifey somehow managed to shatter the driver's side mirror glass. It's heated of course (not sure if that is standard or part of the cold weather package) and it appears to have a soldered electrical connection behind the glass. Can I just buy the replacement glass or do I need the entire mirror assembly? Either way, what's the best online source for oem parts? I haven't hit up the dealer yet since parts is closed during the weekend (and I don't know whether to trust their opinion anyway) but I'm sure it's going to be $$$. Thanks!

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wifey somehow managed to shatter the driver's side mirror glass. It's heated of course (not sure if that is standard or part of the cold weather package) and it appears to have a soldered electrical connection behind the glass. Can I just buy the replacement glass or do I need the entire mirror assembly? Either way, what's the best online source for oem parts? I haven't hit up the dealer yet since parts is closed during the weekend (and I don't know whether to trust their opinion anyway) but I'm sure it's going to be $$$. Thanks!

Should be just the replacement glass as long as nothing is damaged. My wife managed the opposite (tore the housing off backing out of the garage) and the mirror was intact. Bought a replacement housing, swapped out the glass - pulg & play and fairly quick - the hardest part was taking the glass off - which in your case shouldn't be a problem!

I can't remember the price of glass offhand (I inquired, but didn't need it), but I don't recall it beeing crazy expensive. The housing with all the electronics was roughly $250 from the local stealership - I'm in Canada, home of real gouging - sourcing the part from the US was $150, but I didn't have time to wait for shipping as we were off on a road trip...

dmmosley

Reaction score
The glass only (heated) is available at the dealer and various other sources online. I replaced one about 6 months ago which cost me around $70. The heating element in the glass just plugs in to a wire connector inside the mirror housing. Easy DIY. I've seen them on eBay for $60 - $75.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Hi,

I'm the opposite of most posts. My husband actually backed out of the garage and demolished my passenger side mirror along with the clips on the housing. I actually take care of my vehicles better than him. I bought a new mirror and mirror motor. Removed the screw but can't figure out how to get the motor off. Does anyone have instructions or a diagram. BTW, its a 2005 LR3 SE. Thanks all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM