Snow Tires/ All season Tires for Disco I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

meyersd

Would be interested for all you Disco I owners what kind of rubber you are running on your Disco's for the winter months. I'm in NJ and the two times that we've had snow here, my '98 Discovery has sucked pretty bad, when it comes to braking. I'm currently running Michelin 4x4 XPC's at all corners and have read numerous comments about these tires, from excellent to terrible. I've also read comments on a number of boards about deactivating the ABS, but decided against that. I think a truck with that kind of weight needs all the stopping power it can use. Just wondering what people are using out there to minimize slippage...

R

rover1

best in snow: Nokian
Michelin XPC's: terrible. Not sure why you would want to deactivate the ABS?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Bridgestone A/T Revo's - at least that is what I run in WV and they seem to work very well.

I keep my comments about ABS to my self.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my revo's installed tommorow. Doing my online research, they were the best I could find. I love the BFG AT's, I've run them on all my Jeeps in the past, and they really are a great tire - but they are only speed rated to 99mph. Not saying that I often go that fast in the rover but um... well.. it's happened a few times, sometimes without even noticing. I'd hate for the tires to melt ;)

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yokohama Geolander H/T-S52 ... great rubber ... but not snows for stopping on ice ....

C

cobiker

I put Bridgestone Winter Duelers (245/70-16's) on my 96 Disco 1 over two years ago and they stay on all year round and I love them. :) They are wearing extremely well and still have half the tread left. I would buy them again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax