Sold my LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a bittersweet day for the wife and I. We both really LOVED our LR3, but it's dismal towing performance forced us to trade up to a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel. The LR3 was so sweet, we almost kept it along with the new truck. Unfortunately, more than $100,000 worth of depreciating assets failed the common sense test.

Here's the worst part...it only brought $32,500 for a trade. This was an '06 HSE in perfect condition and only 18k miles. Shameful! What's worse is that we had it advertised on all of the usual sites (Yahoo, AutoTrader, Craigslist, etc.) for two months and never got a legitimate bite. I guess that's a sign of our current economy?!?

Well, it's gone now and I have to say goodbye. There have been many, many wonderful people on this site (namely Grommet and NWoods) that I really would have loved to have met at a ralley, but alas, time is short. Thanks to everyone that has offered me advice in the past. I will truly miss this community and I wish everyone well!

One last shameless plug - I am selling a set of 18" OEM wheels and a complete Yakima system. Please see my posts in the classified section if you are interested.

Cheers, everyone!

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's sad to hear Airboss. You just moved into our area, and we never got a chance to go wheeling. Just as well I suppose, because if you had gotten a good taste of SoCal off roading, you'd be stuck with that $100,000 of depreciating assets :)

Cheers,

NW

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to say, but that's price seems pretty accurate for the o-so-fast-depreciating land rovers. I'm currently looking at buying a loaded 06 with 2600 miles for $35 k. That works out to something like $8/mile for the first owner (yikes). There is no other car that depreciates as fast...That's why I have bought 5 used ones.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait wait. . .good news. . .there is a car that depreciates slightly faster. . . Saabs depreciate faster!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airboss, you'll be missed... hope you have continued grand adventures with your Dodge Ram 2500!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4