Sound familiar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. today, I drove from my house for about 50 yards, then the warning beep came on, the message said that my "transmission error, stop vehicle safely".. then I noticed my ABS light came on.. and another warning light on the dash.. then the message centre said "suspension is lowering". I confirmed this on the touch screen that my card indeed had lowered. I stopped the car (fortunately, I was still in my rear laneway). I got out of the car.. didnt noticed any weird smells (like from the tranny). I got back into the car, turned it off.. and started it up again. No problem. I managed to get to Home Depot (as per my original mission)..
Any insights as to what happened? or what may have caused all of those warnings?
This is the first time the rig has acted up like this for me..
The only thing that has been going on is that we are in day 2 of a rainstorm and the LR is parked outside 05 LR3 HSE..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten that particular set of faults/warnings; however, I've gotten random stuff like that before. This is how I look at it...this car has all kinds of sensors and computers. This could've been nothing more than a voltage irregularularity or something. If it cleared on a reset and doesn't come back I think you can ignore it. Keep your eye on it though...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same old initial question, how old is your battery?

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roverman: battery's pretty new.. since Feb when I bought the car..
Houm_WA: Duly noted..thanks for the advice..

I called the stealership.. and they said that it sounds like the "brake switch"?? He said that all the warning lights that I described are usually linked to that..he said I should bring it in for them to look into the computer to see what it logged as the reason why the warnings came up.. Ive yet to book an appointment. If it's free, I guess it cant hurt for me to look.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Houm said, these occurrences are rather typical. I get this when the weather turns colder, with a newer battery. A reboot clears it.

As long as it isn't happening frequently, I do not get concerned.

Keep us posted on this one!

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it around town again today and no problems..(knocking my head).. but Im going to bring it in to the stealership anyways in about two weeks.. going to be out of town next week. I'd figure we all can probably learn from it.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally took my rig in to the stealership so that can look at the error codes.. they found it but stumped as to what may have caused it. And.. the error message never came back since my first posting.. go figure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635