Sound not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SiLion

Reaction score
I got in my car this morning and my radio, satellite radio, and phone would NOT come thorough the speakers at all. I finally got 2 seconds of sound from the drivers side speakers when I pressed the speaker button on the Navigation page, but that's it.

Anyone ever have this problem? Everything worked perfectly yesterday and I don't see any other problems. I didn't have a CD to test, so not sure if it's like an antennae problem or what.

Please help!

Last edited:

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens to me sometimes. You have to completely power down the suv and lock it with key fob for it to reset. There is a tsb somewhere involving the amplifier update.I have been meaning to get my system updated but it only happens around once every three months.

SiLion

Reaction score
Interesting... Thanks for your help! I did restart when I was at a light, but didn't get out, lock it, and unlock it.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a TSB? And how would I go about updating my system? I didn't know that was something I needed to do once in a while.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is likely a software conflict that occurs at startup. "Rebooting" the infotainment system (turning off the ignition, locking the car and waiting a few minutes for all electronic modules in the car to shut down, then restarting) will often clear it. If it is a one-time occurrence or only happens every blue moon, don't worry about it. It's one of those charming Land Rover gremlins we are all affected by on occasion. Dealers will never be able to reproduce it anyway.

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin, Land Rover issues these when a problem is identified with a specific range of vehicles / models, and becomes widespread enough to warrant a special bulletin informing dealerships of the symptoms, and specific repair instructions so shop technicians don't waste time chasing butterflies. However, unlike recalls these are not considered critical and mandatory fixes, so if your vehicle doesn't have the symptoms described in the TSB, the repair will most likely not be performed even if you happen to be within the affected range of VINs.

Samcarloso is probably referring to this TSB:

https://app.box.com/s/05qd3noqdggxonol2xfmggkbp55xdxiy

Last edited:

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens to me sometimes. You have to completely power down the suv and lock it with key fob for it to reset. There is a tsb somewhere involving the amplifier update.I have been meaning to get my system updated but it only happens around once every three months.

I have been told by the dealer this is a common occurrence in the 2010-2011 LUX models, or models fitted with premium audio.
When the computer wakes up and you have both the phone (BT) and radio on there is a conflict in the processor/amplifier :stupid:.
A restart usually fixes this.

It happens to me every 2-3 months.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup happens to me about twice a year. I have to turn off and lock car....wait for 30secs or so then get back in and it works

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me couple years back.
Solution is to get a new battery. It's been discussed in this forum various times.
You might find interesting pressing the voice icon on the Mac screen at the same time.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of those charming Land Rover gremlins we are all affected by on occasion.

My other favorite gremlin is when the SAT radio button disappears from the radio screen. Thankfully a restart brings it back

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99