Spring/ Suspension/ Shock Noises.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently i noticed that when going over curbs or over bumps, or just about anything that makes those giant springs move, they make a weird noise. It sounds like a old spring matress. Its not really loud, but its loud enough for me to hear. Does this mean my suspension is going or is this normal and im just being paranoid?

S

SDH45

Maybe could be the shock tower is loose. Might want to try and tighten them up...

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty normal -- you may want to check all the bolts and nuts for looseness, but you're probably just hearing the **** flex of your truck! :biggrin:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the springs get old and the shocks wear out, but that creaking noise is more or less the result of the spring compressing against the spring retainers.

How many miles on the truck? Are there original springs on it?

D

disco1

I'll go with the loose nut on the shock tower theory; it happened to me once.
To check, open the hood and push on the front end of the vehicle a few times whilst observing any movement at the shock towers. If not, check the nuts for tightness. If this all checks out and the noise still persists, get someone to bounce the front end of the vehicle for you whilst your underneath it and try to locate where it originates.
Let's know how you make out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4