SRS Module replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
'03 D2 with 50k miles
SRS light started to come on consistantly about 200 miles ago. Independant mechanic with aftermarket scanner says the module needs to be replaced. Any idea what I should be paying? Is tis a DIY job or do I need the mechanic or dealer? Any idea dealer costs? Ive seen this thing on the net where you send your module out and they reset it? Whats up with that - bad news?
TIA

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the wiring going to the seat belts first to make sure it isn't something like a bad wire.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
what would I be looking for and where? Actually damaged wires? Should I be looking at the belt receiver?
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC there is a wire that goes to the seat belt (Female end by the seat) this wire can become frayed or broken by the seat rail. Check it first. (both driver and passenger seat belts)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for dirty, damaged or loose connections. Have you been having a low battery issues, dirty or loose battery cables or low voltage, this can also cause the fault to trip.
If you do need a new module, consider going to Roverlandparts.com for a good, guaranteed used part for a lot less then dealer.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

dlrnzo

Reaction score
So the battery positive was real cruddy. I cleaned both temrinals and connected it back. Light is still on. I did notice that the negative terminal will not tighten as much as the positive. As I tighten down it will slip while the wrench is on. Could this still cause fault? If this was the cause, would I have to have the fault cleared before I would get the light out or would it go out imeadiatly.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
In most cases the fault has to be cleared by the dealer or someone with test book

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM