SRS Module replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow now I know what II RC means I left a post asking about abbreviations in the chat. PS use petrolium jelly on those battery terminals. It keeps them from corrosion a little tip I learned from my rover manual . Make sure not to use oil!!! Petrolium jelly only!!!!!!

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Is this crazy or am I? Dealer wants over $3000 for the SRS control module!. Just part, not labor. I checked the wiring the best I can. Cleaned off the battery posts and connectors. Is there any way I could get a used module and intall it myself? Would I need a dealer to do anything? Thats nuts!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get both termanils cleaned and tightened, then go see a shop with the proper scanner and have the codes read and cleared.
Bad or low voltage will throw a fault code on the SRS.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
OK, Ill give the dealer a shot at reading the codes and clearing it. Its going to cost me but its propably worth a shot.
Thanks

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your cable stuff before you go to a dealer, other wise they will charge you $100 plus to tell you the same thing. Get back to us after wards with their estimate, remember you can buy good guaranteed used parts for a lot less money, if needed.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Understood.
If I buy used, is it 'plug and play' like DIY or do I still need a dealer to get it in?

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Ok, some results finally.
Dealer stated that I need a new ecu for the SRS. Also stated that a tensioner for one of the belts was acting up. Sent some lube or gel in there and seems fine. I do still need the ECU. Got a number of $770? Sounds big but was expecting worse.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that precious first the stealersships wanted $3000 now they want $770? Why the discrepency?

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sow was it 700 bucks or three thousand and some change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM