SRS Module replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow now I know what II RC means I left a post asking about abbreviations in the chat. PS use petrolium jelly on those battery terminals. It keeps them from corrosion a little tip I learned from my rover manual . Make sure not to use oil!!! Petrolium jelly only!!!!!!

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Is this crazy or am I? Dealer wants over $3000 for the SRS control module!. Just part, not labor. I checked the wiring the best I can. Cleaned off the battery posts and connectors. Is there any way I could get a used module and intall it myself? Would I need a dealer to do anything? Thats nuts!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get both termanils cleaned and tightened, then go see a shop with the proper scanner and have the codes read and cleared.
Bad or low voltage will throw a fault code on the SRS.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
OK, Ill give the dealer a shot at reading the codes and clearing it. Its going to cost me but its propably worth a shot.
Thanks

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your cable stuff before you go to a dealer, other wise they will charge you $100 plus to tell you the same thing. Get back to us after wards with their estimate, remember you can buy good guaranteed used parts for a lot less money, if needed.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Understood.
If I buy used, is it 'plug and play' like DIY or do I still need a dealer to get it in?

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Ok, some results finally.
Dealer stated that I need a new ecu for the SRS. Also stated that a tensioner for one of the belts was acting up. Sent some lube or gel in there and seems fine. I do still need the ECU. Got a number of $770? Sounds big but was expecting worse.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that precious first the stealersships wanted $3000 now they want $770? Why the discrepency?

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sow was it 700 bucks or three thousand and some change?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink