Starting Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

klark

ok, i need mucho help. I have a 99' Disco 2. I bought and changed the spark plugs tonight. All was fine. As i tried to start the truck, the hazards automatically came on, and it wont start. Its turning over, but wont get fire. I pull each plug out and tried to start. All plugs are firing. I called the " Roadside assistance" to ask for any leads on this. They hinted that it was most likely a security reset of some sort. If anyone has any leads, please let me know. It will be much appreciated. side note...will be driving wife's hoopty tomorrow...HELP !!!!!!!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the inertia switch. As you're facing the truck from the front, it's on the firewall in the back left quadrant of the engine compartment. It's a black rubber (D1) button-looking thing. Press it down, it'll click, and that might help.

Otherwise, try unplugging the battery, reconnecting it, and then locking and unlocking the doors. If it's a security issue you need to tell the truck it's unlocked (might be a little confused as to whether to cut off the fuel supply or not).

K

klark

That did the trick !!!

Thanks a million. I did just as you said and shook my head. Thats the kind of quick fix you had to learn yourself, and just sit and wait for the day to come along to pass it along. It really did the trick. Saved me from driving the wifes car tomorrow. One further note. I am about to tackle the assignment of changing out the water pump. Any gotchas i need to be prepared for? I'd appreciate the heads up. FYI. I have found a great site for some Land Rover parts. I bought brakes, rotors, and calipers last week and saved hundreds. www.mr-auto-parts.com. Good luck !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM