Steam clean engine...check engine light...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I've gone and done it!.... I was careful not to get any water anywhere questionable...and when I started the motor, it ran on a few less cylinders, and the "check engine" light came on. This is a 95 D1, with 120K, and was a creampuff driver. After I checked the distributer, I found a chip of distributer cap in the housing. It somehow broke off in the deluge. I super-glued it together, and it runs fine again, but the stupid light is still on??... I poked a hole in the emissions box under the pass. seat, and the light is still on. Will it help if I disconnect the battery? or should I just wait for something that I can check?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 95. Look under pass front seat to check which code you getting before clearing code out.

Then you can disconnect battery.. :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Das-vidahnia!.....Thanks Sergei, all is well in my LR Dobro utro!.....My spelling is all wrong, but the thanks are real! Later, Anthony

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And "good bye" and "good morning" were in intention of? :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I was "comimg or going"...That's all I can remember a friend from Yugoslavia shared with me..I didn't mean to make you CRANKY, Dude! I will try to brush-up on a little russian, and I will try to use it in a post from time to time....Thanks ....talk later.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt make me cranky :) I just got all curious. Its one of them old pranks when you teach someone some phrase that got totally different meaning :) So i tried to figure if you know meaning of what you typed.

"My ******* explode with delight" - name that sketch :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how does one say, "my ******* explode with delight" in your language? I want to teach this to a friend. Thanks

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one of you is Dieter and which one is Gunther?

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love of the Dizzy

RedRover51, the good thing is that you have a distributor (last of the good motors in my book, not the 3.9), 4.6 with distributor in 95 D1 5-speed. You need to keep it dry inside and lubed on the advance weight pins, pivot points and rotor shaft sleeve. The vacuum advance units not cheap and will crap out as well as the "cheezy" vacuum advance hose and end fittings. The advance signal is thru a ****** with a pin hole so any leak at all will affect vacuum advance. The 90 degree rubber fittings on the vac hose will fit loose as well as split in time, check 'em. The freedom to change the advance curve and timing is rewarding vs the hands off ECU timing. Had to speak, Carl..o&o>..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM