Strange headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if you noticed a different color hue / temperature and light output between the old and new bulb, as I understand a xenon bulb's color temperature may be subject to "aging", going from white to more purplish over time. Dealers recommend replacing them in pair if one of them burns out for that reason, but I am not sure if it's... greed, or if they have a valid point.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....that's why I don't use the Auto function! :)

I do; however, use it on our Q50 because its headlights are LED.

@CMGRover: Before this Geek-Discussion ensued, I'd asked about the price of a new bulb. You don't happen to recall off the top of your head do you? Thanks.

About $100...$105 with tax from O'Reily's for a Sylvania bulb.

As for the color, there is a very very very slight difference, if you stare right at them, the older one is a bit more blue, but it's not noticeable if you didn't know one is newer and from inside they look identical. Even after just running it for a few days it's started to break in and match even better. I wouldn't replace both at the same time if I didn't have to. Not worth it IMO if the coloring is your concern.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink