Strange issue with the sunroof & side windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Iv'e got a 05 HSE and while out mucking around in the rain last weekend I pushed the window button to roll it down, it got about 1/2 way and reversed direction! I thought It may have been a fluke but it did the same thing several times that evening & my front seat passenger had the same happen on that side :confused: One other thing to ad is that the one touch down function does not always work the first time you push the switch...
The sunroof had a similar malfunction, it opened normally but push the button to close and it would only move a small distance with each push - maybe an inch at a time.

It's still under the factory warranty but only for a couple thousand more miles & I havent been able to reproduce the problem - aside from the one touch down which happens approximately 10% of the time.

Any Ideas?

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the window problem, but it was on the close function. Turned out to be a bad sensor in the window regulator that was to be activated so as to not pinch one's fingers or hand.

The only problems I've had with the sunroof is:
1. Not opening at all. Corrected by replacing an ecu
2. Cracked rails. Corrected by getting new sunroof.

You could check to be sure that your battery is good and fully charged. The LR3 does wierd things when a battery is partially charged. I was cleaning out the interior, causing the lights to come on, which drained the battery enough that when I went to start the truck, it labored to life then threw parking brake and HDC faults. All went away after letting the vehicle recharge the battery.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Iv'e got a 05 HSE and while out mucking around in the rain last weekend I pushed the window button to roll it down, it got about 1/2 way and reversed direction! I thought It may have been a fluke but it did the same thing several times that evening & my front seat passenger had the same happen on that side :confused: ...

Mine does that. But it only does it when I'm doing two things at once. If I'm rolling up the window and I hit some other control at the same time (sunroof? I forget the exact scenario) the window will reverse and stop. Very odd.

It doesn't happen often enough to cause problems and it will always close eventually. If it gets worse or I can reproduce it in such a way that I can have my dealer address it, I will. Otherwise, I've accepted it as one of the gremlins...

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a sensor that measures resistance (such a hand in the window that causes the motor to reverse and wind the window back down. Its a very sensitive sensor. Frequently, if I am on a bumpy trail, I have to override the sensor and "manually" roll up the window by mashing the button the full time it takes. I wish our window motors were faster :)

Auburn92

Reaction score
what do you mean, overriding the sensor by "manually" rolling up the window by mashing the button?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holding the switch down the entire time until the window is rolled up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo