Strange misfire problem?? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U

Unruely

I checked the code display ans it gave me this: Code 45
Code 45 - Lambda sensor B - right bank
If one of these fault codes (#44 or #45) is displayed check the wiring to that particular lambda sensor. In addition this fault will be displayed if the vehicle has a condition which causes it to run very lean or very rich on one side (example - a vacuum leak or a bad injector). This code often appears in conjunction with the misfire codes in cases of bad ignition misfire (cross-firing plug wires)
If both codes are displayed, the voltage supply to the heater coils of the sensors must be checked. Check for 12V appearing on the O2 signal lead, and check the heater circuit for shorts.

U

Unruely

I'm wondering if this could have to do with the exhaust leak?? The leak/damaged pipe is on the same bank as this code. One leak is in front of the cat, the second is on back near the Y pipe flange...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a leak in front of the Cat, this will cause it to be slightly leaner on one side (not as much back pressure) and this may cause the code, if it is close enought to the O2 sensor, then it may have cloged the Oxygen vents on the outside of the sensor.

It may also, depending on the mileage just be a bad O2 sensors, they are normally good for around 80k miles.....

Hope this helps,

U

Unruely

I ask because this only started after the Y pipe was damaged changing the transfer case?? I hope to be able to change the exhaust next week..

U

Unruely

Well I have had the exhaust leak fixed, changed back to Champion plugs. It has not changed anything, still has a bad mis/stutter.. at times, it acts up after the idle drops down to its lowest. I'm going to change back to OEM cap and rotor and will be replacing the coil soon also, alomg with the fuel filter.. This is getting very frustrating... Any recommendations on a coil? OEM or aftermarket??

Martin

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Martin, I will be over that way tonight... going to silverton to install a computer. Give me a call and I will try to swing by to see if I can't help.

U

Unruely

I'm just off the silverton exit of 77. Let me know when you will be around and maybe we can figure something out.

Martin

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be up there around 5:30 or so post computer install... If all goes well I should be done by then anyways. Unless something comes up.

U

Unruely

That's fine. Do you still have my number? I can meet you at the end of my road.

Martin

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
PM me with your number... I think I no longer have it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM