Stuck seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iznof

Reaction score
One of the seats in the second row of my truck wont fold up all the way. It feels like the linkage to release it from the floor isnt engaging? How the hell can I fix this if I can access the mechanism with the seat stuck halfway upright?

96Discose7

What year and model????
my 96 Disco only has a latch at the seatback, the base just has rubber bumper stops, take a good look in the hinge area, there must be something binding in there, maybey a seatbelt? -Andy

iznof

Reaction score
Its a 99 d2 and the lower handle at the base of the seat back is the one that feels broken. Anyone ever seen this before?

T

tcosson

Mine has done that a few times, not folding into the sides, other than kids toys or soda cans I never did find the cause but slamming it back down into the sitting position a few times usually cleared it up. The seat belt buckle has been tilted back toward the rear and kept me from folding it forward all the way, that was kind of puzzling untill I noticed it. If the twist handles in the back arent letting the seat come loose to fold up then the cable end may have broken off like on mine. You can grab it and pull it loose with your fingers, although it's a bit tight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635