Stupid Radio Code doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disconnected my battery today to work on something and when I reconnected everything, the word CODE shows up, but I entered the code 20 times and it won't accept it. I have an official looking laminated card with the code and serial number on it, so I just assumed it was the right code. Do I have to call a dealership or something now? I read in another thread someone had a similiar problem and it worked 2 hours later when they tried it again. Is it something that takes time??? LOL, I don't think it would but strange things have happened with my car before.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
if you hear a beep (not the beep when pressing the buttons) then you may have messed up. It is a 5 digit code that has to be entered correctly. If you messed up and then tried to start over it will continue to be wrong. If you hear the beep start over. Otherwise the radio may have been changed and may require it to be remove and call the LR dealer with the serial number.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I put in the 5 digit number it beeps but it still says code, so I'm assuming some how I got the wrong code. I don't know why the radio would have been switched, but who knows. Guess I have to call the dealership or something.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read some stuff about the code in the owners manual and I think I might have not pressed in the code correctly because one of the buttons was sticking and now it says I have to leave the radio on for an hour before it will accept it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo