SU Carbies Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

NormBourne

G'Day Guys,
My beast is a 1964 Series IIA, with the standard 2.25 Litre petrol engine.

At present the engine is equipped with a Weber Carbie, but I have heard that better performance can be obtained by the installation of Su carbies.

Does anyone have any information on such a conversion, eg size of SU ? one or two Carbs? Manifold availabiltity, etc. etc.

Many thanks.

Regards

Norm.

T

tuko

If you do a search for SU carbs at LRE forum
You'll find several posts on the very subject. I will be doing the same conversion, later this year. I will be using a SU carb from a early RR.

The trick, that must be remembered, is the that the mounting plate that you make, can not be bent greater than 30 degree's and keep it as short as possible.

I to, will be using the SU to repace my WARPED Weber. :mad:

Todd.

T

tuko

Norm,
There is an outfit in England, that still sell custom "performance" manifolds for SU carbs. The even offer elbows, that go from the carb to the original oil bath filter.

Check out APB Trading

Photographs are available to view on the web site, check out --> Gallery, Parts/Accessories, Page 5, photographs 70, 71 and 72.

Cheers,
Todd.

G

greenoval

I went the other way and fitted a Webber carb. I had a lot of trouble with the linkages as the webber as the carb that was fitted a stromburg moved in the opposite direction for acceleration ie the leaver moved up to accelerate and the webber is down. just check SU to see if you might come accross the same issue...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72