Surround cameras? Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jattea

Reaction score
I'm deciding between a Lux package with Heavy Duty, and the Lux Plus package. The Lux Plus package includes heavy duty.

So the difference in price is only $800. Is it worth the $800 to get all those cameras? I do parallel park often, but I'm already pretty good at it without five cameras... I go offroading, but I'm not sure if the cameras would really make my offroading experience better...

Are they worth it?

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use it every day but it came in handy in several occations. It's not only for parallel parking. Camera works at any speed so sometimes when I got stuff in the back or 3rd row passengers where I can't really see much through rear view mirror, I turn on the camera, choose rear view, enlarge it and use it as a rear view camera when I am driving.

Also when parking into a tight spot between cars, I use the "Kurb View" to make sure I am perfectly lined and centered between the lines and cars.

Also driving through a tight crowded mall parking lot, I use it to make sure I don't hit the curb making tight right turn.

I don't know if you watched LR official video showcasing the surround camera usage during offroad. I am pretty convinced that it should help.

Plus if you ever going to tow, which I am planning to, you also get exclusive tow assist feature when you get surround camera. And you also get power folding mirrors also exclusive to lux plus package.

To me, it was no a brainer. $800 is just a month worth of payment on a $60K truck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4