Suspenion Height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Soft, bet the ride nice off road then... may not be the best on road choice.... hmmmm

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not off road yet soon though. On road not to bad little bouncy but I'm used to the Bilstein hard ride. For the price why not

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the lift. Gonna change out the rear shocks just to be safe. They do seem a little stretched. Brake lines seem ok. But probally wont know to out on trail. Let me know what you all think. Flame if needed not emotional type of dude. Thanks guys

That's a good looking Rover you have there and I agree with Joey - it looks like 2 inches plus on that lift.

What's with the rims? They look great - did you have them painted or etched?

Also - where did you get that beefy looking rear bumper?

I would go for the braided brake line extensions - they work great and you will not have to worry about them as well.

Wolf

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think the height is of this for a 98 disco. Medium Duty Omu coils with oem specs Bilsteins shocks. Truck seems to be the slightly higher than the the height of worn out suspenion(coils,shocks that was on it). Asking cause I put on 2" block coil spacers from Rovers North. Les that works in the parts/service dept. said that I should be fine as long as I'm not doing any extreme heavy off roading. He said the rear end can bottom out if so. Far as "casual driving/light greenlaning should be fine. What do you guys think. Do you think that I'm over 3" and need drive shaft work. Little test drive yesterday gonna take it out for a real test drive later. It also have a arb bumper, sliders, roof rack, tjm rear bumper. Thanks

I thought I should add in another alternative that works well - especially if you are going to do any serious towing, on or offroad: i.e., get the latest Air Lift Wireless suspension assist kit. I have had great luck with their equipment in the past and, so far, their latest works great with my OME medium coils and matched OME shocks. The bonus is that you can actually increase your ride height by adding more air in the assist air-bags (i.e., they fit into the center of your coil springs and assist that way) - but you don't have to keep it there; also, when you lift the back (as that is where you install them - in the back coils only) you do get more of a rakish angle but you also lift the front a bit as well. They will give you an excellent level ride with even the heaviest towing. I think it beats the hell out of lift/spacer blocks and these new air assist bags are good in the coldest weather (had mine in -40 for a brief period).

I have a bunch of e-pix I need to get uploaded that will show you what I am talking about.

Wolf

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Hey Wolf the rear bumper is a Tjm. Actually bought from a guy from d-web. The rides been good so far with no problems. Took it on this closed off road area here in CT. This place is hugh. Just dont get caught. They will take your ride. Took a little chance and it seems ok. Rides alittle bouncy but toleratble. Got to get the brake lines before I do anything seriously. Think I'm close to the 3'' mark. Under front sun visor they have different height of the vehicle in stock form. Gonna measure mine and sutract the difference. Think that will give me a good reading at where I'm am?

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so I measured the rear end of the truck from ground to top of roof line. 78 3/4". Sun visor says at stock form(factory?) it should be 76''. So my guess is about 2 3/4'' raise. Give or take. Think about ground level tires/preasures so on. Just an estimate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM