Suspension Fault while parked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asmitty911

Reaction score
I've been getting a suspension fault every time I turn on my car for the past week or so. Its an 08 lr3 with johnson rods. The fault comes on about 30 seconds into being on and not even moving. It says "suspension fault normal height only" and then the orange light comes on of the LR with the tipping arrows. Before the fault i can raise and lower it just fine. My left brake light is out I just noticed. Reading other threads it seems that could be the issue. Any thoughts?

asmitty911

Reaction score
I fixed the tail light and im still getting it. I can go from normal height to access height and back up with no problem. But now if i go from normal to off road, the rear suspension goes right up and then it goes very slowly on the front. Then i get the message that its "raising slowly". It takes it about 1 minute to raise the front. Im guessing its just that time to replace the compressor. Now my question is how important is it to get replaced immediately. We're leaving from florida to texas and back in it in a couple days.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same "raising slowly" message after I installed the Toddco 2" spacer lift. From what I can tell, it's because the air system was low on pressure. I wouldn't say that it's because you havea faulty compressor.

I also experienced a weird fault with the lift (it wouldn't drop to access height). I disconnected the battery (just the negative terminal) for a few minutes and let the system reset . . . . Thus far the error message went away and I haven't seen it come back yet ( about a month later).

Thinking that maybe the computer freaks out a bit with the new height, just needs to be reset . . . . Don't know if it will work for you, but for a 10 minute "project" it may be worth trying.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 3,000 miles you say.

I would not be using access mode that is for certain. Just leave the system at normal height and do not touch it till you get back. If it is the compressor, the less you use it the better.

If it is a wiring thing, again just leave it at normal height and regardless, resist the temptation to see if the compressor is still working.

Remember, you are not driving a Tahoe where parts and service are available every 50 miles.

asmitty911

Reaction score
Thanks guys. This has been helpful. I went to auto zone today thats right by my house to see if they had a brake light switch and that it should be $15 but he told me it'd $120 so i left. There's a shop here that primarily works on land rovers and custom rigs that im going to take it to. I think they'll be a lot more trustworthy then the dealership. Im afraid the dealership will just say its the compressor without even loooking at it.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not be using access mode that is for certain. Just leave the system at normal height and do not touch it till you get back. If it is the compressor, the less you use it the better.

If it is a wiring thing, again just leave it at normal height and regardless, resist the temptation to see if the compressor is still working.

Remember, you are not driving a Tahoe where parts and service are available every 50 miles.

I had a roof rack (Yakima) on it and it would not fit in the garage. Otherwise, I would not have put it in access height either . . . . .

asmitty911

Reaction score
It ended up being my compressor wasnt refilling all the way. I had to get it replaced. Luckily he was able to do it in a matter of hours since he had a new one in stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635