Suspension???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2007 LR3.
A couple of days ago, twiceI had ro roll over light light up in amber then go off a few seconds later and everthing was fine.

2 mornings in a row I opened my passenger rear driver side door and the truck just went down to bump stops (access mode). I started the engine and raised it to normal height and drove off fine??

Then this morning it did the same thing but after 15min of driving on the highway I got the red roll over light pop up on my dash:confused: and the truck sunk to the floor, got the suspension error message on the dash, and told me to drive at a max of 30MPH.

I owned a 2000 Range Rover before and it had crazy problems with suspension specially in the winter. I'm in Toronto Canada and it started to get really cold.

I pulled over turned of the engine and restarted. I had to raise the vehicle to normal height again and it drove fine to my destination.

I searched other threads and some say this is just a winter glitch:confused: this is not acceptable for me, the fact that anytime I drive the truck may drop to access mode is crap:mad:

Does anyone have a answer or a quick fix, I could bring it to the dealer but I swear the dealers are dumb asses!! This forum is more knowledgable than them!

Any answers????

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem last week when it turned cold in Rochester. Only difference was mine sank in the front to the bump stops. My dealer diagnosed it as a failing air compressor. Im not sold on the diagnosis, but I dont have a better suggestion. The compressor has been on back order for 1 week (and counting). Ill keep you posted in the repair progress. GOOD LUCK!

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the suspension sensors are getting wet inside and then freezing when getting cold? All the suspension issues that I have had are sensor related and I do a lot of driving in deep water... because it is awesome...

That is the only thing that I think the cold could possibly effect. Cold alone should not cause any issues. BTW, I live in Colorado and have had very few suspension issues in the winter. Almost everything has been summer related, which makes sense given all of the offroading that happens in the summer.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna go to the dealer after the holidays cause if i bring it now I may not get it back, or back order forever:mad:

I am under Warranty, but I don't care, still upset. there has to be a solution to this. It's only happen to me once but I'm afraid cause the same thing happened in my 2000 Range Rover. On my RR they changed the compressor and it didn't solve the problem:mad:
Just like my check engine light a few weeks ago, 2 new catalytic converters was suppose to fix this problem, the engine light is still on:mad:
These dealers, I just dont trust them anymore! Imagine if I paid!!

I dont drive in water just city driving.

My patience is running thin!

Still open to suggestions.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe the problem is the city driving. the LR3 gets upset if it's not wheeled once in a while. Treat it right!

...the only similar issue I've ever had was resolved with a new compressor ECU and some better wiring harness insulation.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, though it only occured at stoplights; turned out to be bad rod that holds the sensor (or bad sensor) - have one on order right now, though frankly it hasn't happened since I brought it in. Dealing /w BK Land Rover in Waterloo (hour west of you), and they've been good so far.

The other thing that might be possible is a dying battery; this was my own personal initial diagnosis (mainly because I sometimes recieved the HDC Fault on startup - a pretty good sign of a week battery), and after changing the battery I had 2 weeks of driving without any warnings. With an 07, I would think that the battery should be fine, but keep an eye out for warnings when you start up...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh - waterloo Canada. There is one here in update NY too. Agreed on the dying battery. that was my suspicion too. When I went back to pick up my sunglasses, the central locking was acting oddly - would only unlock/lock the drivers door.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, I just hope this doesn't happen again, very embarassing and unreliable.

I'm going to drive it right now so will see how it behaves. I agree a 2007 should have a strong battery but who knows what kind of battery they sold me with the vehicle, some things you just trust , you know!

maybe it will never happen again, it did reset itself after reboot (shut off the engine and retart) but I am still bringing it to the dealer reagardless

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just as an update, i brouhgt my truck to thedealer this morning and they told me the problrm is the Height Sensor, they are going to install tomorrow, is this the same sensor that you guys were speaking about in the above threads?

Trynian

Reaction score
So just as an update, i brouhgt my truck to thedealer this morning and they told me the problrm is the Height Sensor, they are going to install tomorrow, is this the same sensor that you guys were speaking about in the above threads?

Yep, glad it is getting worked out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink