sway bars, do i keep them or dump them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I don't have the part number handy but they are 10" front 12" travel rear. With my setup, I'd have a hard time using all of the shock in the front but the rear with the drop cones, well the travel gets used. I will address the front travel, or lack thereof, later.

They are nice shocks and I like having the resovoirs, so I won't have to worry about shock fade.

A

antichrist

Monty said:
Tom, I don't have the part number handy but they are 10" front 12" travel rear. With my setup, I'd have a hard time using all of the shock in the front but the rear with the drop cones, well the travel gets used. I will address the front travel, or lack thereof, later.

They are nice shocks and I like having the resovoirs, so I won't have to worry about shock fade.

Ok, thanks. I take it you have the external resevoir then. I'll have to do some research on the implications of the different valving. Then see if I can manage to swallow the bitter pill of the cost.

Tom Rowe
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in
places even more inaccessible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem Tom. The shocks I have do have external resovoirs, which required DII shock towers modified to allow the hose to go through the top. Any other questions just fire away.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took mine off and have no problems. If you have some stiffer newer suspension than an old pair of soggy stock shocks, you probably will not notice a huge difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM