Sweet Sounding F-Pace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMac

Reaction score
I Had to take the MY15 LR4 to the dealer for a rear pinion seal leak. They provided me an F-Pace loaner. The exhaust note on that vehicle was awesome. Nice and quiet when cruising but when you nailed it, a nice deep throaty sound. Anyway, my question, is there an exhaust system for the LR4 that may provide that same sound? I've searched past threads and it seems like not too many are happy with the aftermarket systems due to the "drone out" sound when cruising. Any help would be appreciated.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what exhaust setup it has. We have a whole lot of silencers in ours, front, center and the two little rear ones. Anyone have this diagram for an F-Pace? They probably even have some type of active valve that controls that growl. I know the higher spec models have a button that makes them louder.

I have heard of some folks taking out the #10 center silencer.. aka the 'turtle' (i think thats what i've read)

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-22%20at%209.35.24%20PM-X2.png

AJMac

Reaction score
mbw,
thanks for the thorough reply. I've considered removing the turtle but the sound clips on Youtube are not good enough for me to consider hacking up the system. I guess I'd have to hear it in person.
Regarding the loaner F-Pace, I did not notice an actuator button for an exhaust type bypass. I like your idea though of an F-Pace diagram for comparison. I suppose I should have climbed under it!

jcm3

Reaction score
I also just got an F-pace loaner and I did not like the sound. It had drone when i didnt want it to..and a weird pitch with half throttle. Now the F type that is a good sounding car . Not sure i want to make my LR4 sound any more sporty as its not that type of vehicle. I have an BMW x5m for that.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kindof agree. Exhaust sound is one of those things that I think sounds great for a few minutes, but to live with it is not fun.

I have a G35x (AWD Infiniti G sedan) with the VQ35 Engine. It's a fantastic engine with great sound. I put a very expensive Stillen Cat back exhaust on it, and it was lowered on progressive rate springs and fully adjustable arms, etc. It was all done up... the exhaust did sound amazing but I felt like I could barely punch it because it was so loud that even if you weren't really pushing it, it grabbed too much attention at the lights. ... So its all back to stock now, even the suspension. Lowered in Iowa is stupid, and I got old and wanted comfort over handling. I can also drive it MUCH harder without raising any attention.

I want my LR4 to be pretty quite, even though it has the nice V8. I'm ok with people not knowing what kind of power it has.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case this thread veers into asking about the Magnaflow exhaust for the LR4, I paid for it, put it on and eventually went back to the stock exhaust. It sounded amazing, but there was definitely a drone. It also was poorly engineered and the muffler hung significantly lower than the stock one, which nestles nicely in the well. There's a thread on it somewhere here if someone wants to dig it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM