Swing away spare tire carrier for LR3...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen the swing away spare tire carrier for the LR3 on British Pacific. Has anyone bought this and installed or had it installed? I'm looking to do this but wanted to ask around a bit first. I worry a bit about uneven weight balance? Any thoughts?

-Josh

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to someone just the other day who has one. He has driven thousands of miles of Baja Mexico washboard roads, and he has had no issues with his. It seems to be a good alternative to this:

IMG_1647-800.gif

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow what size tires are those? (285/60?) Impressive tire/tread.

-Josh

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh, I'll answer for Nathan...because thanks to him I have the same tires!

They are indeed 285/60R18s. They are Cooper Zeon LTZs. I believe they are available only through Discount Tires. ....and they look even better in-person!

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 265/65/R18s that I'm having installed tomorrow...that photo is making me think twice about my decision. I've heard great things about the BFG AT K/O though so I'm still excited.

-Josh

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...you really can't go wrong with BFGs.

I preferred the tread pattern of the Zeons but the durability of the BFGs is heralded.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really love mine so far. I've got the GYs back on for a bunch of freeway driving coming up but in a few weeks I'm hoping to go on a trail run and then the BFGs are going back on. I really like having them mounted on wheels already.

Now I just need to find a fifth wheel and tire for a spare!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, did you cut holes in your cargo mat in order to get the tie downs through?

Of course, there are detents in the mat to show you where to cut. It never occurred to me not to trim them!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, there are detents in the mat to show you where to cut. It never occurred to me not to trim them!

Fantastic idea! The first time that I need to use tie downs I'll be doing the same. It will make loading the other set of tires into the back for swapping much less annoying. They tend to roll around when I just stick them in there on end.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer