swivel balls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

ModRover

Attention!

I know most of us understand the importance of swivel ball checking, but...

I've seen too many CV joints blown up from lack of 90W to just lay low! bah haha

Really, get under your rig and check to make sure you're running full. Some may have gone to the factory grease packs (just fine). I actually use 140W, which is almost as thick as the grease packs, but allows the oil to still drain out when I want to change it.

These tend to be the most neglected when it comes to maintenance. I've seen some other shops claim to do the big service intervals, but skip the swivel balls as they take too much time to properly check/fill. It sucks when you have to replace a CV (expensive) from lack of lube!

My .02,
Michael
Van., WA USA

M

Mark

Okay. I went underneath to remove the swivel plug to put the grease in.

215 pounds of me pushing against the passenger tire, lifting my body into the air, and pulling a 13mm wrench -- did nothing!!

What do I need to do to the plug to break it free? Should I put the Seafoam 'Break-free' on the plugs?

Should I be using a 13mm square wrench (4-point) to remove.

I do not need no stinkin' CV joint problems....

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a breaker bar with some break free. I didn't have any trouble with mine though.

M

Mark

That's what I bought and I was using Seafoam 'Break-free'. Once I used the crescent wrench, everything went smooth.
The Rover nows turns better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM