Tent question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the LR accessory tent "attaches" to the LR3? And, how does the "extension tent" figure into that attachment process?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just like any other SUV tent. It has a "sleeve" that goes around the back of the vehicle with cinch straps to keep it in place. We have a Sportz brand SUV tent that works well with the LR3. The Land Rover one is just a day tent though and does not have a floor. The Sportz one is a traditional 6 person dome tent with a floor and weather awning. I don't use the attachment to the LR3 as much as I thought I would. But I still like the tent and it's a nice option to have.

Last edited:

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just like any other SUV tent. It has a "sleeve" that goes around the back of the vehicle with cinch straps to keep it in place. We have a Sportz brand SUV tent that works well with the LR3. The Land Rover one is just a day tent though and does not have a floor. The Sportz one is a traditional 6 person dome tent with a floor and weather awning. I don't use the attachment to the LR3 as much as I thought I would. But I still like the tent and it's a nice option to have.

Thanks for the info. Mine came without a "sleeve"--which is why I was asking. I guess the "sleeve" is the extension part that I have to buy separately from the tent. I intend to use the "day tent" at night as a means to get air, but fewer bugs, into the cabin, in which my kids will sleep. Thanks!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the one I've got. Picture from their website shows the attachment to the vehicle.
showpic_productimage.html

With only two poles, it's not hard to set up, but it is pretty big. 8' high in the center, so no problem standing up and moving around inside.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I slept in the LR3 this past weekend and the sunroof open and built in screen was plenty or air. No bugs found their way in that I saw. Granted it was on 60 degrees at night. for more balmy weather I may want more ventilation. On my last truck, I cut some materials from lowes to make screens for the side windows. screen door material, magnet strip, and hot glue took about an hour to make two. Like this, but mine were more fitted:

xterra1.jpg

I think the lr3 has plastic between the front and rear door windows, so they would have to be done together. that would disable the doors from being opened - so maybe not such a good solution .

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea a guy could use magnetic vinyl and glue screen to it and wala you could have screen for all 4 windows and the sunroof. genious!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink