Termostat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot about one more symptom.After start up when engine is warm
i have a few idle irregularities going down from regular 750RPM to 500 .Exact same thing happens when i stop at lights or intersection.Car wants to stall and I can hear an engine decrease RPM to little below 500 and then it goes up again.Is this symptom ads more possible problems?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually that was one of my concerns since thermostat is usually affiliated with check engine light and reduced engine performance message.that is what i am getting recently.check engine happened twice within a month and reduced performance message pups up once every week and vanishes quickly as well as check engine light.Lurking through many posts ,this was most common problem,thermostat,but...today I went to local AUTO ZONE and ask a guy to read my Faults and ..he did.Obviously ,when he connected his OBD scanner and plugged it to the store computer he was not able to pinpoint exact problem but ,this thing read as follows:
-Faulty oxygen sensor
-dirty MAF sensor
clogged fuel injectors and
dirty air filter.
Air filter unlikely, since is relatively new.MAF and oxygen sensors?All i need is some guidance how to change them and then i will wait for my CPU's ultimate answer.I not sure if it is enough ,but i would like to take my chances and than go to dealers for more info.
-
I am not sure why you are looking at a t/stat and want to clean your MAF, which will nearly always **** it.
If you want some help with this send me your number and I'll be glad to help.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why you are looking at a t/stat and want to clean your MAF, which will nearly always **** it.
If you want some help with this send me your number and I'll be glad to help.

Disco,
I understand that you were a service manager, but I have to disagree about the MAF. Working in a garage for years, most people did not want to pay for a new MAF. We cleaned many of them over the years and had minimal problems. With that said, the LR3 electronics are very tempermental and should not be tampered with unless you are willing to risk it. But I do think the MAF can be cleaned with electronics parts cleaner safely. Just my opinion. :albertein

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635