The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigvalpasha

Reaction score
enjoying it from day one

taking her to breathe thin air in altitude, while her zeons arrive...

Attachments

• landi.jpg
    landi.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • landi2.jpg
    landi2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • landi3.jpg
    landi3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • landi4.jpg
    landi4.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 98

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little easier to see against a white LR3

The shape is amazing that its invisible from the front seats and zero additional wind noise. Who ever designed it did an amazing job.

Zero wind noise? That's essentially impossible. My guess is that your rack overpowers the sound so you didn't notice.

It ads a lot in my opinion and is a lot louder when having the 2nd row side window open a couple inches. Must be because it disrupts the wind flow down the side. I've had mine on and off enough to notice during different overall vehicle configurations with and without anything on the roof.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run it without the rack, but the duratracs may subtly mask any noise that it makes (agreed it cant be zero). I usually run all windows up or fully down and had not any bad experiences.

xray132

Reaction score
Weekend wheelin

4 year old off road warrior on the Yacolt Burn, outside Vancouver WA

A lot of thanks to Pistons Wild Motorsports Club and many others for cutting through the red tape and opening up 8 miles of our first 4 wheeling trails.

Attachments

• 1hood.jpg
    1hood.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 62

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering checking out Yacolt. Any good trails out there? Do you have any pics?

xray132

Reaction score
Yacolt Burn /Larch Mountain/Jones Creek Area

These are the first trails of a ten year development plan including a campground. It's new so, not much of a challenge but wait for a little rain to develop them. They did throw a few big rocks in the trail to hear my sliders and skid plate talking to me a couple of times. They also threw in a rock garden loop in if you want to scrape a wheel. This has been motorcycle, atv area for 35 years, with hundreds of miles of fire roads for hunting and 4 wheeling. They slowly started blocking roads and making 4x4 playing only an outlaw sport. I'm happy to see sensible change because we can manage and enjoy our outdoors here in Washington. You know it's hard to remember to break out a camera when you're driving your rover on new trails. Only the wife shot a few pics of the kids following. Nice views from the trail.

Attachments

• sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85
  • sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 76

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xray, I assume you've been out to Brown's Camp (TSF). How does Yacolt compare to that?

xray132

Reaction score
Browns Camp

Funny you mention TSF .You been on this one, Cedar Tree loop? I Thought their new trail felt like Cedar Tree, tight twisty and know where your corners are or you might scar a stump or rock but not difficult. TSF has far more trails of different degrees of difficulty and some I wouldn’t attempt without a rock crawler with over 35’s on it. Yacolt burn is just a start of hopefully something that will come to be another TSF/Brown’s Camp. Remember this is the new non outlaw driving area and only about 8 miles.

Attachments

• fri1.jpg
    fri1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member