The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see....TSF is my favorite place to go in the Pac NW. Yes, I did Cedar Tree last Memorial Day Weekend. I enjoyed it....but didn't try going under the tree with my X-bars and 32s.

Did you do Hog's Back?

xray132

Reaction score
hogback

This one.
Guy at the top didn’t think I would make it. Cycle that came up behind me crashed.

fri3.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the skeptical guy with you? That's stupid to think you wouldn't make it. The LR3 walks up that $hit, even when wet. That's one of those obstacles though, that looks way harder than it is. If you know the line, it's not difficult.

I find it very fun, and almost obligatory when I'm there, even though at this point I've done it like half a dozen times! :)

bigvalpasha

Reaction score
Very cool pictures bigvalpasha ! Where were they taken?

Thanks no-pistons! They were taken in a volcanoe called Xinantecatl, here in Mexico. The pictures were taken @4000meters above sea level.

Your picture is also pretty good, is in a reserve some where in Africa?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 turned 10 years old last week. To celebrate, I took it off-roading in the hills.

OCNAHBpSDWz2McYFChCUkcjctKmYdaB7-Vfk=w1270-h952-no.jpg

2QdNE9BxecAFiAKZWIT01ma7AJY2el_oJH58=w1270-h952-no.jpg

There are about 130,000 miles on the odometer, and over the years I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making sure the car is maintained. This is the only car I've ever purchased new, and I genuinely feel like I've gotten my money's worth. One of my favorite memories was a 3,000 mile winter trip with seven people and a roof cargo box. We drove from California to Missouri on some of the lesser traveled highways, and in some cases there was not a single soul to be seen for hundreds of miles and no cell reception. The LR3 took care of us, and we got home without a single hiccup!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it! I love hearing stories like this.

Same situation here. Mine turned 10 this month. I don't remember the exact date but it's probably next week (I could just check my registration I suppose). I will be celebrating by going on a 3-day overlanding trip.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it! I love hearing stories like this.

Same situation here. Mine turned 10 this month. I don't remember the exact date but it's probably next week (I could just check my registration I suppose). I will be celebrating by going on a 3-day overlanding trip.

Where? When? ???

I went to Elbe Hills ORV park couple weeks ago. Did Sunrise then Rainier View and . Fun trails for a quick outing. I'd go again with some people if interested but I'd say 32", aftermarket lifting, and underbody armor are mandatory.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are "Sunrise" and "Rainier View" trail names within Elbe? Sorry, never been there. Heard of it....but just never went.

I am going overlanding between Chelan and Ellensburg. Going with a group to which I am the newcomer.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I was an inaugural member of this group. I didn't feel like I could invite other people. Nothin' personal...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72