The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prconquet

Reaction score
LR3 Owner

Hello Land Rover Family.
I have a question. I have been hearing a noise from the front of my 06 LR3 since I purchased it used last April. I am not sure of the origin. It sounds like the noise that is given off from nobby tires, however I have all season radials. it is not very loud and I only hear it when all is quiet and the vehicle is slowing to a stop. it is not a break noise and it does not really sound like a wheel bearing, unless its the inner wheel bearings. it is not isolated to one side. Otherwise the vehicle runs and feels excellent. is this something I sould be concerned with or is it just my paranoia because I want my vehicle to remain as perfect as the first day I acquired it?

prconquet

Reaction score
LR3 Owner

Hello Land Rover Family.
I have a question. I have been hearing a noise from the front of my 06 LR3 since I purchased it used two years ago this April with 20 thousand miles. I now have 35 thousand am not sure of the origin. It sounds like the noise that is given off from nobby off road tires, however I have all season radials. it is not very loud and I only hear it when all is quiet and the vehicle is slowing to a stop. it is not a break noise and it does not really sound like a wheel bearing, unless its the inner wheel bearings. it is not isolated to one side nor is there anything wrong with the steering or suspension. Otherwise the vehicle runs and feels excellent. is this something I sould be concerned with or is it just my paranoia because I want my vehicle to remain as perfect as the first day I acquired it?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Land Rover Family.
I have a question. I have been hearing a noise from the front of my 06 LR3 since I purchased it used two years ago this April with 20 thousand miles. I now have 35 thousand am not sure of the origin. It sounds like the noise that is given off from nobby off road tires, however I have all season radials. it is not very loud and I only hear it when all is quiet and the vehicle is slowing to a stop. it is not a break noise and it does not really sound like a wheel bearing, unless its the inner wheel bearings. it is not isolated to one side nor is there anything wrong with the steering or suspension. Otherwise the vehicle runs and feels excellent. is this something I sould be concerned with or is it just my paranoia because I want my vehicle to remain as perfect as the first day I acquired it?

Well you should really start a new thread for this...

But, are your tires cupped or wearing funny? Run your hand down the tread and see if all the lugs feel evenly wore or does the front of them stick up more than the other? Does the sound get louder the harder you are on your brakes? I noticed this before we replaced our tires and now the sound is gone. It sounds like it's your tires. Check to make sure you have the proper air pressure in them as well.

J.D.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Not showing it off, just sharing the disappointment.
Got home from a quick vacation to find that somebody had dinged up my door pretty good. You can't see from the picture, but the dent in the bottom corner caused the top to not align right...so basically driving around it sounds like the door isn't closed all the way. Awesome.
By the way, they didn't leave a note.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there....To be honest I bet it ends up being more then that. I had a similar situation happen over a year ago to a rear door and the damage ended up being $3300.00

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people! I am sorry to hear of your trouble. No one takes responsibility for their actions anymore. Grr!!

J.D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112