The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
three, kinda hard to see in that pic. on the right there are the two slide in slots (first point). the two holes obvious in the picture are the others.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, and the tcase one. just put them on last week. Havent been out on a real trail with them yet.

Reaction score
Reaction score
"Aluminum is to soft, crushes to easily." - weight/rust?
My MANTEC sump skip has yet to crush . . .

so more like RS sliders than
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2212

cover the compressor? Weight?

I'm not knocking aluminum, I wish all the protection on my truck could be aluminum. I'm just speaking from my own experience.
Not familiar with the RS sliders. ours are similar to the outfit that's in Israel. (no affiliation).
Run from the frame to the sill and wrap up the sill plate.
They are heavy about 80lbs each. They will rust if scratched, which will happen. I found a little semi gloss black prevents that.
Yes, a very stout compressor guard.
Our intention is to maximize protection from rock, or whatever damage.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...it sure as hell sounded like you were knocking aluminum to me.

Aluminum is the FAR better material choice for skid plates. This isn't even questionable.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...it sure as hell sounded like you were knocking aluminum to me.

Aluminum is the FAR better material choice for skid plates. This isn't even questionable.

Perhaps in Washington, but in rocky SoCal there is a noticeable difference when sliding over rocks with an aluminum belly pan. Tactical Rovers, whoever that is, is correct. The aluminum material is softer and "grabs" on the rock, often leading to a stuck whereas steel will just slide over without drama. The weight penalty of steel is significant, but there is always a compromise to be made....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From who Nathan? All of my designs are created by myself and my partner for specific Land Rover vehicles that are inherently, similar. You will find no "copies" of another companies product in our line. If there is some patent issue, I will most certainly provide compensation when a patent no# is provided and it is determined that it has been infringed upon. Or, maybe you are just referring to the prototypes I've been running on my own vehicle for the last 10 years. That must be it.
Did you get another Land Rover? we can get you all set up:proud:

This seems like an overly sensitive response, which suggests I'm either closer to the truth than I want to be, or I'm farther from it than I thought. Either way, it would be decent of you to say who you are. I searched your site and found no answers. It's a small world, you seem to know me, it's probable that I know you also. So, who is Tactical Rovers?

And no, new LR3 for me yet, no anything at the moment. Still in a bloody battle with a nefarious economy.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like an overly sensitive response, which suggests I'm either closer to the truth than I want to be, or I'm farther from it than I thought.

:rofl:

This thread is full of "in between the lines" reading at the moment. Mr. fab guy, just say who you are, where you're from, who designs your stuff and where (not a website) we can purchase from. Not "Eff you Nathan." or "Pfffttt. You don't even own a Rover anymore." We all know each other - except you. The LR world has been burned by numerous people who fabbed up racks, sliders, bumpers and so on. It's just odd that a new guy pops up out of the blue and we don't know who you are. I just hope your name is not Nate and you never vacation in Italy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99