The Snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen any data that represents the snorkels/raised intakes as having a performance advantage. I would think it's the opposite . . . .longer path = more resistance
Not necessarily. Fluid dynamics formulas (yes, air is a fluid) will allow you to calculate any flow losses (or gains).

cmostech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any one used the a generic intake and not the G4? I found this $150 shipped and was thinking it may be worth it for that.

Last edited:

Big_Mark

Reaction score
I don't get it...

Sorry man I was looking at this picture

attachment.php

And was think-writing out loud. :albertein

Guess I'm OT here, LOL

cmostech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the pic from their site. Cheapest I have seen them is 413. If it is any thing like the bumper should be a good buy.

This place advertises they are just like the ARB but made of a harder plastic. I was just worried that its not snug against the window therefore more wind noise/resistance. But hey for that price it may be worth it to give a review.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered buying one for a while, but have had good luck in deep crossings without it. I believe the airbox is "uphill" from the exterior vent, therefore providing you a few submerged seconds.

I wasn't at the deepest part in this crossing and made it no problem. I had to cross it again on the way home too. The deepest past was over my hood.
Still love this picture!:cool:
:driver:

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is awesome... Not sure I would do it again though.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man I was looking at this picture

attachment.php

And was think-writing out loud. :albertein

Guess I'm OT here, LOL

no worries at all. I was just wondering what you meant about 'this is why i have a D1' Because a D1 would be better for this? Or because you wouldn't want to take a newer LR through it? I certainly admit that I would never have the balls to take my LR3 through that!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge