Thinking of Purchasing 04 Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

thompson

What up forum! I’m new and looking for some general opinions to help me make up my mind. I’m thinking of getting a new 04 Disco (Zambezi Silver (obviously the faster color) or the Bonatti Grey). But the hard part is what it’s worth with the huge deprecation problem with the Disco’s. My local dealer has me at 34K right now with not so good financing. I can wait if i think the prices will come down more, or should I try and get a used one and try a save 5K? I like the idea of having it from the start but it’s a good amount of coin. The LR3 will be at the dealer any day now it seems and I’m wondering if there is an overstock of Disco’s or are they starting to thin out...

So what do you think?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be plenty of 04 discos around. Here they all have a $6000 off sign on them. I would wait. It would be worth it to get one for dirt cheap and have it shipped to you across the country. That is just my opinion. I think there will be lots of them around (they are WAY overstocked here).

T

thompson

Yah, thats about what their offering me now and I'm going to wait it out till at least the end of the month. I heard there might be another sale/discount starting the 23rd. Anyone have any insight on upcoming sales or deals?

If you read this and don't post your Opinion...

well then
:bootyshak

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Wait for the new LR3's to come out. When they do, they (LR American and Dealer's) will offer a "pull ahead" for current lease owners to get in to the new model. These pull ahead Disco's will be low mileage and most likely well under the $30K mark for an HSE model. Have the dealer throw in an extended bumper to bumper and you are golden! That's what I am going to do. Cheers!

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thompson said:
well then
:bootyshak

What a great bootyshake, and great way to get people to post!

I agree with everyone. Wait it out, when the new LR3'*****, I know you are going to see the LR dealers doing whatever it takes to get out out of keeping the rovers on the lots. It will be embarrassing to them if in 2006 they still have a few sticking around. The price will drop. Get it cheap!

B

Broms

I purchased my '04 the first week of November. It was a service loaner Bonatti Gray/Black SE with 3,800 miles. Absolutely perfect for $29K. They were just starting to give good discounts on the new '04's. They were in the mid $30K range. I could not pass up the deal on mine. You should be able to get a steal at this point or go for a service loaner. Not a bad option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac