Thoughts on faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running Cleghorn Trail last weekend in the thick, deep mud and snow. I had just gotten done with some a fairly steep ascent, when a suspension fault went off. I must admit I was nervous about doing the rest of the trail. However I simply cycled the ignition and it went away.

I had the batter replaced by the dealer two weeks ago. The reason for the replacement was the nav screen would intermittingly not go to full brightness. I haven't checked what battery they used, so I suppose that could be the cause. Although the car was running so I'm not sure....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solid amber is no big deal, just a warning. Blinking red means something is not working at all.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. My transmission fault last weekend did not have an icon associated with it; just a message in the Info Center...and of course the dreaded chime.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my battery replaced after faults. I had the dealer and a local guy test the battery, and it was pretty far gone. The replacement, however, has died rather quickly (think weeks, not years). Stupidly (?), I had had the LR dealer replace the battery, thinking that they would use some high-end battery (otherwise, I would have had the local guy do it, like he does my other car). My local guy tells me the Interstate replacement battery is generally considered terrible and no one would use it for a vehicle with big power demands--he literally accused me of lying when I said the LR dealership installed it. So, the car is at LR to get the battery replaced for "free." I'll keep ppl posted if interested.

Update -- Turns out I have a "diode fault" in my alternator, so I had to have it replaced. That's why the batteries were dying and faults appearing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635