throttl body gasket replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 HSE7 leaking coolant. orange color deposite around the two hoses as well as on top of the engine cover. i was told the gasket needs to be replaced.
i need to know how involve is that job and what else i will need other than the new gasket kit? should i replace the hoses as well as the gasket kit?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Without seeing it, not sure, it could be a simple as changing the hoses or as hard as replacing the Intake Manifold Gasket.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its under the throttle body and the two small hoses. how can i show you if i can take a picture, pls?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The only two small hoses I can think of are for the heater core inlet and outlet.

My advise is to download the repair manual as see if you can find what you need if you can't take a pic.

http://www.landroverresource.com/

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PICT0152.jpg

Is this what your looking at? If this is your problem then it's a semi easy fix. this is the anti icer and only needs rtv.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Easy fix in less than an hour you can replace the hoses and fix the leak.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is if in fact the problem. I said "semi easy fix" because he will then need to bleed the system. But I agree the process was easy.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the problem basstard440 (except my is not as bad... :biggrin:), thanks for posting the picture.
the leak i have is from the left side of the hoses (anti icer in/outlet) base on the deposits i have around the hoses. so replace the hoses first before tackle the gasket? if yes, how do i remove those hose clamps without cutting those hoses? special tool for it?

AND, what does 'rtv' mean?

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
do both at the same time.. gasket, just use some permitex and let it dry a little before you put it back together. Just did this on a 2000 D2 a while back and only took about an hour and that was me also changing a bunch of other stuff, so an hour to 1.5 max to do this work.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do i go about removing the hoses, just cut it off? those clamps are no good?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4