Throttle body cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpt

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Disco SE with 78,000 miles. Dealership did a throttle body cleaning at 48,000 miles. Does anybody know the procedure for cleaning the throttle body?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the air cleaner... wipe down the butterfly. Spray some carb/injector cleaner into the throttlebody... put everything back together. Add a can of seafoam (may not be what the dealer uses). Drive away. At least this is what I would do to clean the throttlebody.

gpt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I see a little dark build up at the sides of the throat where the butterfly rotates inside the throttle body. Any particular intake hose to suck the Seafoam into the cylinders?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Seafoam via the hose on the drivers side line from the valve cover to the intake. also one can via the fuel tank.

gpt

Reaction score
Thanks again. I am getting code P0150 re: O2 sensor. I was told this fault code addresses the O2 sensor in front of the catalytic converter on the driver side. I purchased a front sensor from AB, installed it and had the code cleared. 9 miles the coder came back. I am beginning to think I was told the wrong side to change. Can anybody clarify if this is actually the passenger side front sensor for this code? Vehicle is 2003 Disco II SE.
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Bank 2 Sensor 1, Unless I am wrong, and remember I am not always right..

Bank 2 is the passenger side.

Either way normally I would change them both, just makes life easier to remember when work has been done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9