Throttle / Pedal Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 RR-HSE has been acting up when it comes to the acceleration on the take offs and recently I plugged in my scanner and it gave me these codes: P0120 and P0221. Has anyone else had them come up? If so, what exactly was the problem? I ended up purchasing a brand new throttle position sensor for it and I'm hopping that was my problem. All help possible would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :bandit:

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah sounds like a throttle issue to me. make sure you have no wire damage at the connections and that is connected properly. We didnt really have issue with these throttles. once you replace you will have to reset adaptations.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disregard this comment.

Last edited:

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to reset the adaptation myself, if so, how do I do about that? If not, Im under the impression a european certified tech will know all about that? Thanks once again. Ended up having the sensor replaced but now I'm concerned about having it reseted like you said.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well normally we use t4 to do that to clear the codes and reset adaptations then you leave the key on position 2 for about a min before starting . might find a good scanner you can do that with

rx171

Reaction score
Hi I am ave the same problem, what part did you replace the throttle pedal or the throttle on the engine?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99