Thule Hitch Cargo Carrier on the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
First time putting our Thule hitch cargo carrier on the LR4. Wasn’t sure if the tailgate would lay flat, but surprisingly it does when it’s in lean mode. If anybody has ever thought about one of these we’ve liked ours.

13D62D2C-65A9-4F5F-9137-0941376C91B4.jpeg
70785A38-6DD7-4A1A-BB2C-3BB4C802A9E9.jpeg
F25F1B44-1187-40BF-89D3-D396FA5BDDB2.jpeg

Just for fun.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor has one for their LR4 and likes it. Their family isn't very tall so they bought this hitch box instead of a roof box. I have an open hitch carrier that is great for the beach and hauling sand covered lawn chairs, cooler, big buckets and sand toys.

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
Yes, its a little easier for the vertically disadvantaged :) The only draw back is it is a bit of a bear to put on, but most of the cargo carriers are. Also it blocks your rear view camera and makes parallel parking a no go. The hitch tray I have, I used for years as well and is a good add-on. Mine flips up when no cargo is needed and makes a good license plate blocker for speed cameras, ha!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I've never had one of those, but they seem to work well. We already had a large Thule roof box, so we continue to use that. Plus, we have a dog, and it allows us to load him and other cargo into the back with no issues. The roof box also fits long/bulky things. But if I had to start over, I may consider the hitch one instead.

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
I always look at the roof top boxes to get one because somethings just fit better in the longer boxes and nothing to be an obstacle in the rear. I’ve got to figure out what type of rack I want to do on top before I get back to purchasing a roof carrier though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM