Time to build up the disco...need some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
UZbad,

Where can I get a set of gears for $400?? All I can find them for is $800.

I don't need any **** stuff as the rover won't see a lot of ********* trails, its main purpose is to carry me and all my stuff into remote places

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it just depends how adventurious you are. If you like to stick with common flow - GBR (400+$ for one) is good place, or you can phone up reiders and poke them - they may have stuff, but i am not aware of their pricing for LR stuff. Also you can sit and wait till someone sells used ones.

If you feel like trying less travelled road - you can get Series 24 spline gears. They have stock gearing of 4.75 and will cost you between 140 (and no, i am not kidding) to 200+ per r&p. Unfortunately to go that road you will also have to change flanges, but they like bugger all - 25$ per thingy, or something like that.
I heard some complaints about them being weak, but they mostly coming from very ******** crowd. Other than that - its straight drop-in replacement (with exception that you may need ARB spacers for rings, to set them up properly).

If you feel like going that road - give britishpacific buzz (i think its best prices for the moment, and if you ongoing customer they will drop in discounts for ya :)).

I have those and they are getting me around moderate trails in CO with no issues.

A

andyb

Uzbad said:
its nearly impossible to find used t-case gearing from used D-90
M'k, fair point I guess :smile:

Doing about a dollar 70 cent to the pound at the moment...doesn't seem to have made Warn winches any cheaper over here tho' :wink:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy - they have to compensate :) Plus you guys have lovely import taxes. You can always ask someone who travels to bring you one. Plus - why would you even want warn winch? EP9.0 is way cheaper and yet - better.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Gears

Justin: I have a connection in CA called Off Road Predator. He mentioned a discount on lockers and gears. PM if you want his name / number.

M

marc olivares

melissa-

your friend would not be able to help with Rover gears as there are only 2 suppliers for HD rover gears, GBR (here in utah) and Ashcroft (UK).

GBR gear sets are better, but Bill is currently waiting for his next shipment to arrive.

justin- 2"HD ome lift, 235/85 tires on stock alloys and TT's front and rear.

then upgrade things as they break.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. TT rear.. I am getting tired of taking out and fixing air lines for me ARB. While its nice and rock solid when works - it also seems to eat through things(already replaced internal tube twice after it got eaten by crown ring - damn thing seems to manage its way around when i am driving shaky trails, had air line ripped by lovely roots, and flying rocks... ) pretty well :( May be i will just sell it out and opt for TT too..

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Marc.. WAS ONLY TRYING TO BE HELPFUL .......

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for trying Melissa.

Are 4.7s too big for 32s? I do a considerable amount of freeway travel.

I'll prolly get a TT up front but the rear will have to wait.

I also plan on the OME 2", 235/85 on stock wheels and the rear bumper and rovkers are being made ind the old garage....

Thanks for all the help

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they arent very big, but they do throw speedo off quite seriously (example - 40m/h on speedo is actually about 32m/h, 60m/h on speedo is about 48-49 real ones). So if you indeed looking for taller tires and lift , do as Marc suggested - stick things onto those first and then you can figure things out as you go.

Just remember that 235x85 with stock gears will gain you about 10-15% speed/mileage over what speedo will show

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM