Tire Dealer popped air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bigeasyg

has anyone gotten a national, independent repair shop to reimburse them for damaging air bags in suspension system. They put my Rover 4.6 on a two pole lift, now the dealer is fixing the problem.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Your going to have a hard time with that... Unless you can prove that it worked before you took it in.... or they admit that it did....

strutmastr

Reaction score
I would use this as a chance to convert to coil springs. Air suspension is so unreliable and will always have problems. There is never a way to permanently fix air suspension. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at the conversion kits. This will convert you from air to Powder coated, American made coil springs that are guaranteed to last the life of the car. No more suspension problems. I posted the link below so you can take a look.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

Hopefully this will help you

RoverRob

Reaction score
Just happened to me. They got a rental car for me that I've been driving for 6 days now. They called me today to letme know my new bags came in, and it should be done tomorrow. Yeah!!! missing the Rover

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the proper procedure for lifting the Rover? im wanting to put my old wheels back on since im not doing any offroading for now...and i dont want to mess my bags up

RoverRob

Reaction score
If your going to do it yourself, make very sure you dont let the suspension to hang. You need to support the suspension.

darthRover

Reaction score
Will a strut conversion work on the 2006 RR ?
Does it ride the same and work with the computer and all that?
If it ever happens to me, I think I'd convert, it seems a lot less expensive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM