Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrosa

Reaction score
I received the following advice from LR Authorised Repair Center here in Brazil (LR is building a factory here): Every time you have a TPMS Fault alert you should inflate all four tires to 50psi, drive at least at 30/35mph for some 4 to 5 miles. After that you should put the tires back to the correct air pressure.

I did it with mine and cleared the fault alarm. Here we have no news regarding a recall for that.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If true, that sounds like a pain in the ass. In my BMW X5, there is a TPMS button low on the console. Once you are certain your pressures are correct and where you want them (or false alarms), you just come to a stop, hold the button for a few seconds until the alarm turns amber, then drive away slowly and it will clear and set it's sensitivity to your current PSI.

I love our Land Rovers, but I wish they would update their electronics tech. Both from a reliability standpoint, to an ease of use, and importantly to catch up to most of the rest of the market. Electronics are not LRs strong suit for sure.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a TPMS situation that actually identified a slow leak (duh), then another one that resolved itself and which I attribute to the arrival of colder temps here in the DC area. That reset process does sound like a PITA but at least doesn't require a computer tool.

I love our Land Rovers, but I wish they would update their electronics tech.

I like automotive tech. I had a MY11 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the first year of the redesign) and a MY11 Chrysler 300C. Both were loaded and I came to expect this tech array from vehicles of this model year, especially "easy" stuff like passive keyless entry and BT music streaming. Took an adjustment period (and an aftermarket hack for the BT piece) to accept the new normal in my daily driving experience.

Whenever I feel that way, I force myself to take another long, extended pull from the cup of "It's a Land Rover thing" Kool-aid. Works every time!:driver:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If true, that sounds like a pain in the ass. In my BMW X5, there is a TPMS button low on the console. Once you are certain your pressures are correct and where you want them (or false alarms), you just come to a stop, hold the button for a few seconds until the alarm turns amber, then drive away slowly and it will clear and set it's sensitivity to your current PSI.

I love our Land Rovers, but I wish they would update their electronics tech. Both from a reliability standpoint, to an ease of use, and importantly to catch up to most of the rest of the market. Electronics are not LRs strong suit for sure.

Yes. The biggest issue with this system is a master control! They need an option to set the system because pressures are relative.

I have received the warning as well. I am wondering if aftermarket sensors will work better than the OEM. I currently have the entire system fault warning. I am temped to buy 4 aftermarket sensors that I have used with BMW and Mercedes and see if it fixes the problem.

Last edited:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also... I am having the system currently go on and off during the span of a day. I guess it could have something to do with the single digit weather. :confused:

I can't believe LR has no master control. What are these brits thinking! :bandit:

Last edited:

benteley1

Reaction score
This worked for me so far

I received the following advice from LR Authorised Repair Center here in Brazil (LR is building a factory here): Every time you have a TPMS Fault alert you should inflate all four tires to 50psi, drive at least at 30/35mph for some 4 to 5 miles. After that you should put the tires back to the correct air pressure.

I did it with mine and cleared the fault alarm. Here we have no news regarding a recall for that.

Just wanted to update I was having the same issue and this seemed to clear it for now.

CarlosLR3

Reaction score
Hey there! Are you getting a "Tire Pressure Monitor System Fault" Message? Sometimes my vehicle will not start and it shows that message and my hazards come on..?? I took to rover and they couldn't duplicate the issue..

Ladric

Reaction score
This popped up last night (last issue for 2019!).
"Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems Fault"
I check and cleared faults with IID but I did not see a fault for the Tire Monitor.
Few days before I got a warning that one (RL) was low. It was a bit low so I put air all round then the warning went off at driving.

Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 28,037 2014 model-year Range Rover and Range Rover Sport SUVs, along with 2013-2014-MY LR4 SUVs, so dealers can update software affecting readings of the tire pressure monitoring system

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72