Tire situation - what would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. For now. I found two used Goodyears to get me thru the winter and I'll look again at the tire situation next summer. I know these goodyears aren't the greatest tire, but for $35 each, I can't complain. It's the right call right now.

I am very familiar with the MTR. I have been running 35x12.50r15's on my bronco for 5 years. They are too noisy for my wife. She complains about some toyo mt's on my F-350 and the diesel engine masks most of the noise.

Ideally, I'd like to buy a thinner (6") aftermarket wheel for the spare, that I could run at highway speeds, but wouldn't hang down so much while off-roading. For the mild stuff I do, it may not be a problem. But the one time it is... I'm going to have to do some checking on that. Maybe I can get a cheap wheel/tire for the spare.

If not, I may find a used 19" wheel and mount my one good tire on it for the spare. If so, I'll have one good spare with 6/32nds tread for sale.

J.D.

Last edited:

nhunter

Reaction score
I sold my 19's and stepped down to 18's which gave me more tire options as well as more tire to cushion the ride. I couldn't find any used LR3 18's so I ended up getting a set of Satin Black 18" Dub Drones with Hancook ATM tires. The wheels were $120 ea. and the tires were $130 ea.

Did you get the 35mm offset Dub Drones? And if so do they rub?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink