Touch-up paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on putting a clear bra on my black LR3, but I have a few small rock chips on the hood and grill. I talked to a couple clear bra places here and they both said to touch up the paint before I brought it in if I didn't want them to put the bra over the chips. Anyway, I checked out Atlantic British expecting to find the official Land Rover touch-up, but they have some Autosharp Paint Pens (http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/PP697.cfm?bc=ab). The reviews I've seen on the pens looks pretty good. I found the official Land Rover paint at another site, but I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback about which I should use.

Thanks again.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drcolorchip.com check these kits out, the audi folks love them. Doctor color chip.

H2OU

Reaction score
I purchased the paint chip pen from British Atlantic for my Bonatti Grey (now called Stornaway Grey, I believe) LR3 before installing a clear bra. It is way too dark to match perfectly in my opinion. However, with black you should be fine. The pen is very easy to use, but the paint dries very very quickly so wipe off any excess immediately.

lilredpo

Reaction score
DR Clor Chip is awesome on darker colors! Not so good on silver. Highly recommend!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99