Trailer wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the wiring harness and hitch adapter for my LR4... I saw a video from AB on youtube on how to wire it in, looks pretty straight forward...

Anything I am missing?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the wiring harness and hitch adapter for my LR4... I saw a video from AB on youtube on how to wire it in, looks pretty straight forward...

Anything I am missing?

It's that easy.

If you want the stability control and tow assist if you have the 5 camera system you need the dealer to activate or purchase the IIDTool.

The lights for your trailer will work without the activation for tow assist and stability assist.

Enjoy

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought mine from Atlantic British and used the video as well. It is that easy.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's that easy.

If you want the stability control and tow assist if you have the 5 camera system you need the dealer to activate or purchase the IIDTool.

The lights for your trailer will work without the activation for tow assist and stability assist.

Enjoy

I thought the stability control was always on. It seems that a safety feature would always be activated by default. Can you give further info on this?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the stability control was always on. It seems that a safety feature would always be activated by default. Can you give further info on this?

No it has to be activated by the dealer or wait for the IIdtool.

If you don't have the tow harness you do not plan to tow so it is not Active. Check the picture of a computer for the last step on the instulation instructions. There are settings that need to be turned on.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, will the dealer do it free of charge?

Also how much is the IIDtool?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, will the dealer do it free of charge?

Also how much is the IIDtool?

I doubt the dealer will update for free. If they are nice they most likely will charge you half an hour if not so nice a full hour. It really is only 10 minutes to make the adjustments with the IIDtool.

Do you have the 5 camera option?

IIDtool has two options regular and bluetooth version. Not sure on price ask AB or email gap diagnostics.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the 5 camera option. So i guess the only thing would be the stability control?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. Depending on what you plan to tow you may not care or need the stability assist.

I tow a 6000 lb boat.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imagevff.jpg

Boat - 3200lbs dry, trailer 1200lbs, there maybe 500+ lbs of stereo and gear on the boat... and thats assuming we remove the 600lbs of lead hidden under the seats...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112