Transmission Fault light at 2500 miles - MY14 LR4 Lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that they could refine the programming with experience, right? Also, doesn't it have the ability to "adapt" based on the driver's behavior. I've heard of that in other vehicles. I'm not sure how it works or more importantly how well it works. But if it is programming then they should be able to refine that.

Hey, maybe Gap Diagnostics can come up with a way for us to "adjust" the programming. ;-)

I, just like the OP, will just be happy to have a properly working vehicle again once all the issues get worked out.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, just like the OP, will just be happy to have a properly working vehicle again once all the issues get worked out.

Yours is good now, right? Didn't the get it fixed? Any other issues?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I very much doubt the OP issues have anything to do with the transmission anyway. It is more likely just a random fault popping up, the result of an electrical malfunction that caused his engine to shut down with no warning in the middle of the road. Kind of like the "HDC fault", "Suspensions Fault", etc. doomsday messages you get when something as silly as a brake light switch goes bad, or a battery is too weak when cranking.

So far IIDTool gives us a way to reset transmission adaptions, something I would definitely try if shifts seem to be lethargic and sluggish. Start fresh with a clean slate to see if the tranny "learns" your driving pattern better.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too bad they don't "memorize" the driving dynamics for different drivers as they do with seat and mirror positions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM