Transmission Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auburn92

Reaction score
Today, I got the center console off, and finished drying all the connectors and used a blow dryer to ensure everything was dry now. The truck will come out of park and i'm able to drive, raise and lower the suspension, put it in 4L and 4H. However, none of the terrain control features work. Next step is to order the terrain control and go from there.
For all who replied, thanks for your help. Anyone know how to find out the part number other than going to the Dealer?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This site has the entire center console switch assembly for about $207, not including shipping. The part number is not displayed.

http://www.parts.com/parts/2006/LAN...ONSOLE&subgroup=CONSOLE&component=Switch assy

Do you know anybody nearby with an LR3? Perhaps you could swap parts just to verify that the terrain knob is indeed bad. I find it odd that the other switches work except for just the terrain select. Is there a fuse associated with terrain response that might have fried?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear your making some progress. I was worried about the exact thing that happened to you. I ended up waterproofing the console electronics using an avaition product called ACF50. It's a thin waxy material, comes in a spray can... Awesome stuff for corrosion prevention too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99